Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Why I Need More Days Off

Today was another great day off. I woke up at 5:26am; my alarm is set for weird times. The clock is also set about 7 minutes fast; nothing is precise in there. After turning the coffee on, Scrappy and I went out to breath in the morning air. Breakfast done, I was on my way down to the U of M pool for an early morning swim. The swim could have gone better. As I noted earlier: "My shoulder joints feel like they are filled with mud and my arms are moving through sand, not water." But the day goes on. I traveled down to the American Red Cross to begin my CPR / 1st Aid training that I need to complete for PT school. The program went a little long due to some recent changes with the Red Cross and a lack of updating the website. 


I managed to make it back home in time to head out to the Millington Navy Base; although, lunch consisted of pretzels, peanut butter, and nutella eaten in the car on the way out there. I made it close to on time for my eye doctor appointment. After an hour there and having my eyes dilated, I headed over to the Millington DMV. It was a challenge trying to read my phone or fill out the forms at the center. I had to hold the forms out at arms reach to try to read it, but I still had to wait an hour or so before I could manage to squint to make out all the words and fill out the form completely. 


I got home after 6 and really just wanted to sit down and take a nap. Instead, I went out to the garden to improve my cucumber situation; they are growing all over the place. I set up some more frames and tied up some of the plants. It looks better. I also found two decently sized cucumbers. They could have grown more, but I couldn't hold back. I had to pick them. The first one was delicious and the whole back yard now smells like cucumbers after working out there for over two hours. 


I went for a four mile run to get in a little more mileage and then cut my hair on the back porch. Maybe now I'll get around to eating another solid meal; probably just another cucumber and then some sauteed squash and zucchini. The garden is flourishing!


Only one thing could make today even better.....









No comments:

Post a Comment