Over the past several months I have been doing much self reflection and taking time and efforts to work on bettering myself so that I might be better able to help others.
In years past I have written about goals for the year. Most often those focused on cycling and triathlon related goals or school completion items. This year is a little different as focus has gradually shifted away from racing (as the blog used to be built around).
Action items for 2017:
1) I want to read 10 books (one a month is ideal but I’m factoring in some travel and crazy times around the holidays)
2) I would like to write and post something at least once a month. Posting it means that I am writing for a potential audience and will be held accountable. Regardless if 0 people read it or 100.
3) Complete a daily journal for the entire year to focus on gratitude and appreciating the things I have. (The Five Minute Journal -- Recommendation from Tim Ferriss)
4) Find a way to give back to the community I live in. (I have two irons in the fire on this one currently)
5) This will remain as an asterisk as I know what it is but not ready for everyone else
These are also a focus on SMART Goals: specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time based.