Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Squeezing it All In

It's March now and that means only two more months until race season. It's sneaking up on me quite quickly. My swimming is coming along and biking should fall right in place. Running is up in the air. I haven't been able to run this year. I think the last time I ran was sometime in early December. I'm almost two months out from my screw removal surgery. I think I'll start running sometime next week. It's spring break and I usually use that time to springboard my training. I'll be in Knoxville so I'll get to ride some good hills and focus on bringing my running game back. I'm also thinking about getting a pair of Merrill trail gloves and trying out some "barefoot" trail running. I think it would be really awesome to do my Xterra races in the body gloves. As long as I stay consistent in my training that I've started so far then I should be okay by May. Gradually, I'll be adding more workouts and adding runs will really help me fill in gaps in the week.

Today I got a late start so after taking my 15 minute cycling midterm, I headed to the weight room to knock out my lifts before karate class. I increased weights on all but one set today. It feels good. Then after all my classes around 5:15 I headed back to the gym for my swim I missed this morning. Swimming at this time also lets me avoid the terrible traffic during the rush hour. I'm glad I stayed focused and didn't skip my workouts today. Keeping this up will make for a good season. Planning on a 6:45 morning ride tomorrow before work to make this my biggest training week so far.

Bring on the races.

No comments:

Post a Comment