Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Guacamole and Intervals

Well, I did it. I pulled the trigger on a new mountain bike. I bought an Air 9 Carbon frame and plan on building it up with Sram X.O. This bike is going to be sweet. Probably around 23 pounds and uber stiff. I hope that all the parts arrive before my first race. I know the frame isn't supposed to be in stock until April 15th. Not sure when all the components will be available. I should be getting the seatpost and stem later this week and I'll be using my wheelset that I built earlier this year. It's going to be a sweet ride, I can hardly wait.

I'm hoping with the new mountain bike I'll find it in my schedule somehow to do a few more mountain bike races. I looked into the Lock 4 Challenge and Legend of Stank races which will take place while I'm still in town. I'll let my first few off-road tri's tell me whether I'm ready and up for that or not. The only mountain bike races I've ever done were with the Colorado cycling club and the last race I did got me back in the hospital for ACL reconstruction number two.

Anyway, I did my first interval run of the season today. I was going to run outside, but the rain started coming down. So, I went back to sewing a Niner patch on my gym/travel bag while I waited to see if it would subside. The rain only got harder and I was tired of waiting, so I went back to the treadmill in the office. After clearing the dust and surplus groceries off it, I began my workout. The last interval I tried to do 10 mph at 5% grade. I didn't quite make it through the whole thing you could say. After showering and relaxing a bit, I dipped into some homemade guacamole for a nice snack. The lime chips and lime juice in the dip made me really want some Corona and for summer to be here. Back to the water and the weights in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment