Sunday, May 3, 2015

My Trip To Colombia

I took some time off before starting work with my first real big boy job. I decided to take a volunteer trip to Colombia, South America where I could volunteer at a school called Intei which was created for kids with physical and mental disabilities in the area.

This would essentially help me learn more Spanish and allow me to help those less fortunate that would benefit from physical therapy services. I spent the summer doing aquatic therapy, hippotherapy, manual therapy, and working with the kids on a daily basis.

I also got to experience the World Cup in a nation that was excelling and doing very well for the first time in a long time. (Not to mention a Giro d'Italia win from Nairo Quintana).

It was an amazing experience with the culture, the language, the climate, the community, and the family. A month of living I will never forget and always cherish.

There are many more details I could share but as I am trying to catch up on the lapsed time I will skip ahead and save some of those cherished memories for myself.

Hay muchas mas fotos, pero estas son importantes para mi.








































No comments:

Post a Comment