Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Car Shopping

Since all my inquiries on the almost too good to be true ads on autotrader.com have fallen on deaf ears or been located to far away to be reasonable, I started looking more local for cars and lowering my expectations of what kind of mileage I could find on a car for the price I'm trying to find. I looked at two Honda's and a Toyota at Landers Ford the other day and today after school I went and looked at a Honda at city auto. It is a 2005 Honda Civic hybrid. It had 95,000 miles and the asking price was $8,990. He was ready to give me $8,500 right there. I like the car and it gets about 35 city and 42 highway. The way I drive I might be able to get more. I drove it around a bit and it seemed to ride well. The heating and A/C worked really well. The guy that owned it previously had it meticulously maintained. The Carfax record shows a ton of maintenance including oil changes, brake pads and rotors replaced, battery replaced at 85,000 miles, and so on. This is higher mileage than I originally looked for but it's also a lower price. The gas mileage is better than I was originally looking for too. It seems like a good deal. I want to call tomorrow and offer him $8,000 for it. I also sold my Vanguard Mutual Fund today. The markets closed at $4,084.10. It finally came back up close to that $4,100 range after dropping down to $3,840 after it hit the 41 back in December. I watched the market today and had been watching the fund the past few days and figured it should be stable. When I saw the market was doing well today, I figured the fund should remain stable if not improve, so in between classes I got into a computer lab and made the sale. Things are lining up.

No comments:

Post a Comment