Sunday, April 17, 2011

Almost May

It was a struggle to get on the bike this morning. After my alarm went off at 6:30 this morning, I managed to play with the dog, drink coffee, fall back asleep, watch TV and finally get around to my workout I had planned at 9:15. Once I did get to it, it was a good one though. I had taken the past two days off and I guess gotten out of my routine a bit. I didn't plan on taking Saturday off, but after I got up and took the dog out, I fell back asleep in the recliner with him until it was time to go to work. I did an hour and twenty minutes on the bike and then got off and did a 46 minute 10k. Better time than I was expecting. Hopefully that's how Southeastern's will go in a few weeks. I have one more big week before a little recovery and then racing starts. This next week is going to be rough and tough. I'm stepping my running game up a bunch with speed workouts on the track Monday and Wednesday on top of my normal swim, lift, cycling, yoga routine. Tuesday I plan on doing another endurance brick workout and who knows how the weekend will go. I'm also going to increase weights this week to do one last push for strength before I back off to just maintaining while racing in May and June. Training is coming along and going as planned. Now, I have to hope that my bike and all the parts for it arrive before next Thursday when I leave for my first two races. The shipments have been on order since late March, but I've yet to get a definite answer on when it will actually be here. I'm hoping for the best. Sure would be nice to race on an Air 9 Carbon by Niner with a full X.O group by Sram and some hand built wheels by yours truly.

One week of hard training left and one week of lent left. I gave up drinking for lent because I figured it would be a good challenge and it would be good for me to focus on training and not have anything distract me or keep me from getting up early every morning to work out. Now that I'm almost there I'm considering prolonging the drought until after my first race. Make sure I'm on my game and racing strong before I start any celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment