Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Treating Top Athletes: New PT Solutions Clinic

Recently, I opened a new clinic in Dalton, GA with PT Solutions. On our first day of operations, I had a very special guest. Kyle Buckingham, a 2x Ironman and Ironman 70.3 Champion and professional triathlete from South Africa, was in the area for the weekend’s upcoming Ironman 70.3 Chattanooga. Kyle reached out to me through his host housing regarding some knee pain. I invited him down to see what I could help with.

Kyle went on to finish 9th at Ironman 70.3 Chattanooga and two weeks later finished 5th at Ironman 70.3 Raleigh.

Here is what Kyle had to say about his physical therapy treatment:

“I saw Matt 4 days before Chattanooga 70.3 after I had travelled 30 hours on the plane for an issue I was having while riding my bike on the outside of my knee. Matt did a thorough assessment making me do stability/core exercises, after the assessment was done I had dry needling to my right hip, glute and knee area as well as left QL and surrounding areas.
Race day came and I had no original knee pain at all, what a relief! It has been now 2 weeks after the race and the pain has still not returned. I am keeping up with my stretches and stability/core exercises he recommended.

Thank you so much to Matt who found and released the source of my pain and extreme tightness.”

Kyle’s website can be found here: http://www.kylebuckingham.co.za/



If you're experiencing pain or aches during your training or competitions, reach out or stop by for a free screen to see how physical therapy can help you perform at your best. 


Kyle and I in the new Dalton clinic.

Dry needling treatment for Kyle.

Kyle finishing Ironman 70.3 Chattanooga


Triaging some minor injuries






No comments:

Post a Comment